Kiloton is the latest product from G&L and is based on Leo Fender’s potent Magnetic Field Design bass humbucker into the shape of his SB-2.
Kiloton’s single MFD bucker fires without the aid of a preamp, while a 3-position series/split/parallel toggle harnesses the coils’ power. Simple volume and tone controls are devastatingly effective, revealing a wide range of textures Leo’s MFD bucker is famous for. What’s more, Kiloton is armed with a 6-bolt neck and Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer all the energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Made in Leo Fender’s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Kiloton is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34″
- PICKUP: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ humbucker
- ELECTRONICS: 3-way series/split/parallel mini toggle, volume, tone
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with choice of Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L 1 1/2″ Medium C with 9 1/2″ radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L “Ultra-Lite” with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
More information at G&L.